1. Jump Water: Run a strong stream from a garden hose back and forth like a snake under your child’s feet, allowing him to jump over it.
2. Liquid Limbo: Use the stream from a water hose as the stick for a high-stakes game of limbo.
3. Backyard Bath: Fill a kiddie pool with water, bath toys, and bubbles and bathe your babies outdoors!
4. Ball Blast: Use ropes to create a circle or square on your lawn. Place balls of varying sizes and weights inside. Give your child a hose and challenge her to push the balls out with the water in less than a minute.
5. Water Gun Tag: Have everyone don bathing suits and play tag. Whoever is “it” gets the water gun and tries to tag the other players with a cold squirt!
6. Freeze!: Place small treasures in an ice cube tray, add water and freeze. Hand your child a piece of ice and have her melt it in her hands until the prize emerges.
7. Sponge-worthy: Give your kids two buckets– one filled with water and one empty– and a sponge. Instruct them to transfer the water from one bucket to the other using only the sponge.
8. Pool Ping-Pong: Float an inner tube in the center of the pool, then try to toss ping-pongs into the tube.
9. Spray of Light: Little ones can help you garden by watering plants with a spray bottle; older kids can water plants using the hose. On a sunny day, show them how they can spot a rainbow in the mist.
10. Drink Up: Encourage your child to try water flavored with different ingredients (ex: cucumber, lemon, orange, raspberry, strawberry, etc.)